All registered players are required to sign an Accident Waiver/Liability Release form prior to participating in the tournament
- Team registrations will not be accepted until all players have submitted their signed waiver.
- Matches will consist of two 12-minute timed games.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of six (6) players; eight (8) player maximum
- There is a maximum of six (6) players on the court, during a match, at one time. A minimum of two (2) female players must be in play during each match.
- There is a minimum of 4 players on the court, during a match, at one time. A minimum of one (1) female player must be in play during each match.
- If a team cannot provide six (6) players (with 2 females) or four (4) players (with 1 female) for a match, they will forfeit that match.
- Volleyball Canada rules apply.
- Rally point scores will be totaled to declare a winner.
- A tie game is based each team having identical points over the 2-12 minute games and the match will be declared by a 3-minute overtime game.
- All team members must show their wristband to the referee before the start of the game
- Damaged/tampered wristbands will be deemed void – Replacement wristbands will be available at a cost of $20.
- Teams not ready to play within ten (10) minutes of the scheduled match time will lose by forfeit. The Referee shall declare the match forfeited to the team that is on hand and “ready to play”.
- Referee’s decision is final unless over-ridden by Tournament Chairpersons.
- No team shall consist of more than four (4) “Experienced Players”.
- In the event your team receives a “bye” – that match will be considered as one (1) game of your 3 game guarantee.
For the purposes of this event a forfeit is defined as:
- Late appearance (10 minutes past scheduled game time).
- Less than the required number of players at game time.
- If a team cannot provide six (6) players (with 2 females) or four (4) players (with 1 female) for a match, thy will forfeit that match.
- Use of an ineligible player defined as:
- An unregistered player.
- A player who participates under an assumed name.
- A player who is registered to a different team.
For the purposes of this event, an “Experienced Player” is defined as:
- Any person who has coached or played on a University or College-level volleyball team in the 2014/15 – 2016/17 season
Ready to Play
For the purposes of this event “Ready to Play” is defined as:
- Ready to play
- A team must be at the playing area with appropriate tournament wristbands on and with the minimum required number of players that comprise of that team.