REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Deadline: November 14, 2017
- Team registration will not be accepted until all team members registrations have been submitted and fees have been paid.
All registered players are required to sign an Accident Waiver/Liability Release form prior to participating in the tournament
- Team registrations will not be accepted until all players have submitted their signed waiver.
- Matches will consist of two 12-minute timed games.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of 6 players; 8 player maximum
- There is a minimum of 4 players on the court and a maximum of 6 players, during a match, at one time.
- This is a co-ed tournament. There must be at least 2 females and 2 males on each team, with at least 2 females and 2 males on the court at a time.
- If a team cannot provide 6 players (with at least 2 females, 2 males), they must be able to provide 4 players (with at least 1 female, 1 male) for a match, or they will forfeit that match.
- Volleyball Canada rules apply.
- Rally point scores will be totalled to declare a winner.
- A tie game is based on each team having identical points over the 2-12 minute games and the match will be declared by a 3-minute overtime game.
- All team members must show their wristband to the referee before the start of the game
- Damaged/tampered wristbands will be deemed void – Replacement wristbands will be available at a cost of $20.
- Teams not ready to play within 10 minutes of the scheduled match time will lose by forfeit. The Referee shall declare the match forfeited to the team that is on hand and “ready to play”. For each minute a team is late, the opposing team will receive a point.
- Referee’s decision is final unless over-ridden by Tournament Chairpersons.
- No team shall consist of more than four (4) “Experienced Players”.
- In the event your team receives a “bye” – that match will be considered as a 1 game of your 3 game guarantee.
Due to the size complexity of the draw, ALL teams are required to be available by 6:30 pm on Friday. Games begin at 2:00 p.m. on Friday—please indicate, on your team registration form, the earliest time your team can be at the Keystone Centre and we will do our best to TRY to accommodate your team.
For the purposes of this event a forfeit is defined as:
- Late appearance (10 minutes past scheduled game time).
- Less than the required number of players at game time.
- If a team cannot provide 6 players (with at least 2 females, 2 males) or 4 players (with at least 1 female, 1 male) for a match, they will forfeit that match.
- Use of an ineligible player
- Any team that uses an unregistered player, uses a player who participates under an assumed name, or uses a player who is registered to another team shall forfeit the match in which the ineligible player is discovered.
- Ineligible players will have their wristband removed and will be disqualified from the tournament.
For the purposes of this event an “Experience Player” is defined as:
- Any person who has coached or played on a University or College-level volleyball team in the 2016/17 – 2017/18 seasons.
Ready to Play
Registered teams must be at the playing area with appropriate tournament wristbands on and with the minimum required number of players that comprise of that team.
Official Event Rules
ACC Students’ Association is not responsible for any injuries or losses resulting from play.
PLAYERS PLAY AT THEIR OWN RISK!
All Canadian Volleyball Association rules apply.
All refereeing will be done by volunteers, until the semi-finals and finals. There will be every attempt made by the ACCSA to have certified referees for the semi-finals and finals.
Please respect the calls that all referees make.
In a controlled rally, a combination of genders should make contact with the ball.
- Teams must use a female in a THREE-person play, (e.g. BUMP, SET, and SPIKE.). Failure to do so will result in loss of serve or point given. This rule does not apply to a TWO-person or a ONE-person play. Three men may hit the ball, with the third pass being a bump or set over the net.
If any wristband has been tampered with, it will become void and can be replaced for $20.
The team on the west side of the court will always serve first.
Matches will consist of two – 12 minute timed games.
Scores (Rally Point) will be totaled to declare a winner. In the event of a tie (equal points), the match will be declared by a 3-minute overtime game.
Any team 10 minutes late will automatically forfeit their match. The Referee shall declare the match forfeited to the team that is on hand and “ready to play”. 1 Point for every minute a team is late will be awarded to the opposing team.
The referee’s decision is final unless over-ridden by a Tournament Supervisor.
No outside alcohol allowed in the Keystone Centre. Bag check will be in effect.
Players are only allowed to play with one team. All players must be wearing a wristband while playing.
There is a maximum of 6 players on the court, during a match, at one time. A minimum of 2 female and 2 male players must be in play during each match. The minimum number of players is 4 with at least 1 female and 1 male player.
The most important thing is to have fun!!!